Private helicopter wine tours
Helicopter wine touring brings together the essence of the exquisite tastes and grandeur of Central Otago in one breathtaking package. Hosted by an Appellation Central guide, this is a great way to discover Central Otago in style.
We have two tour options available – our Premium Half Day visiting 3 vineyards with lunch in the Gibbston region, or our Exclusive Full Day travels further afield to the Bannockburn region and lunch at a Bannockburn vineyard.
The tours start with a spectacular one-way, scenic flight in a luxury, 5-seater Hughes MD500 Helicopter. This stunning flight takes you high into the Remarkables Mountains for an alpine landing, time for photos then continuing on to your first vineyard visit.
Your journey through the wine region will then continue by road.
You will be joined by your Appellation Central for a private, chauffeured wine tour. Both tour options include:
- A private scenic helicopter flight
- Privately guided wine tour traveling by road
- Lunch in a vineyard with complimentary wine
We encourage you to advise of any varietal or vineyard preferences when booking to ensure the perfect itinerary is set for you.
Private Helicopter Wine Tour • Premium Half Day 5 Hours
$975 per person
A Queenstown mid-morning departure and scenic flight transports you to an alpine landing high above Queenstown.
From there, we take a spectacular flight through the Remarkable Mountains, above the site of New Zealand's highest bungy and then cruise at mid-valley level with spectacular views of the vineyards and wineries of the Gibbston valley and on to our first vineyard.
An Appellation Central guide welcomes you at one of the Gibbston vineyards and begins your private chauffeured journey by road, visiting three of our favourite Gibbston vineyards.
- An exclusive wine tasting with a local winemaker or vineyard owner
- A gourmet platter lunch at one of our favourite Gibbston vineyards, together with a glass of premium wine
- An optional visit and walk through historic Arrowtown
Private Helicopter Wine Tour • Exclusive Full Day 7 Hours
|$1,475 per person
Departing Queenstown mid-morning with a scenic heli-flight into the Remarkables.
From there the heli-flight takes an extended flight through the Remarkables and cruising at altitude reveals the gorges and valleys between Queenstown and Bannockburn to arrive in the heart of the wine region.
A senior Appellation Central guide welcomes you at one of the Bannockburn vineyards and begins your private, chauffeured journey with hosted wine tastings at a selection of 4 or 5 premium vineyards in the Cromwell, Bannockburn and Gibbston regions. The tour also includes:
- Private tasting with a local winemaker or vineyard owner
- Cheese and wine tasting
- A la carte main course lunch at Mt Difficulty
- A glass of premium wine with lunch
- An optional visit to either Old Cromwell Town or Arrowtown
- Hosted by a senior Appellation Central wine guide
All our wine tours include:
- Queenstown hotel pickup and drop off
- Complimentary bottled mineral water
Minimum of 2 adults for these tours
Current pricing valid until 30th September 2017